Thursday, July 5, 2012

Visit to Urgent Care

Today, I was having a little heaviness in my chest and it became worse and worse over the day, to the point that it was so painful that I could barely move or breathe. I called up my Chemo Nurse/new best friend and she told me to go in to urgent care (since it was late in the day) to get a chest x-ray to check for lung problems.

We went in, and they didn't find anything wrong with my lungs/chest and gave me a diagnosis in fancy medical terms that meant "lung pain." Thanks, already knew that. But it was good to know I didn't have a collapsed lung, pneumonia, blood clot, port displacement, etc.

But the doc took one look at my forearm incision (where my lump was removed) and said it was infected. It is possibly a staph infection (which is really difficult to fight, especially while having cancer treatments) so he took a swab to send in. He fixed my arm all up and told us he'd call on Monday with the culture results. I also went home with the beginning of the antibiotic for a staph infection, which would be extended if it actually turned out to be staph.

He also checked my port incision and that looked great. I was surprised at how much better it looked than my arm.

All in all, turned out to be a good visit. Glad to get two problems solved with one visit. It's always something though...

No comments:

Post a Comment