Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Surprise Surgery Day

Wednesday was a bit of a crazy day. Originally, the plan was to have a consult at 9am with a General Surgeon about removing the lump in my forearm (that all the docs have said is unrelated to my throat cancer.) I assumed it'd be a quick appointment since it was just a consult. Then, later we had another appointment scheduled at 3pm with the Gyno for an ultrasound to investigate an ovarian cyst that showed up on my CT scan.

The appointment with the General Surgeon went well. He was concerned with removing the lump in regards to the healing process while being on chemo. But he completely surprised us by saying he could do it later that afternoon and that he could also put in my port, all in the office! Crazy. We just need to get the a-ok from the Chemo doc. So we left, called and got the go ahead from the chemo, called the surgeon's office back. And they said "Come in now."

So we rushed to get the kids dropped off with someone and headed back downtown. They got me all set up, cut up, and out the door, with perfect timing to make it to my afternoon gyno appointment. Another long day under my belt and over with.

The Battle Wounds:



The port-

No comments:

Post a Comment